- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 1 day ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 1 day ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 1 day ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 1 day ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 1 day ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 1 day ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 1 day ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 5 days ago
- DC for cordial relations between Govt, mediaPosted 5 days ago
- Jora inspects Srinagar city dev projectsPosted 5 days ago
Ponty Chadha, brother kill each other in family dispute: Police
NEW DELHI: Liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep shot each other dead at a south Delhi farmhouse this noon over a family dispute, Delhi Police said.
Vivek Gogia, Joint Commissioner, Delhi Police, told reporters that the shooting took place around noon at their Chhattarpur farmhouse in south Delhi.
Senior police officers were on the spot to carry out an investigation.
Investigation was on, Gogia said adding detailed information on the crime scene would be provided later as a probe was on.
Earlier, there were two sets of reports on who fired and killed the businessmen. One said that some unidentified outsiders opened fire on the Chadha brothers at their farmhouse in Chattarpur area of South Delhi, while according to the other, the two fired each other due to a family dispute.
Fifty five-year-old Ponty Chadha’s business interests included liquor, real estate, sugar, poultry, film production and exhibition.
Ponty was granted the sole distributorship for liquor picking up para two, line one of DI26 Crime-Delhi-Firing-Lead Ponty Chadha Two Last New Delhi.