- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 2 days ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 2 days ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 2 days ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 2 days ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 2 days ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 2 days ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 6 days ago
- DC for cordial relations between Govt, mediaPosted 6 days ago
- Jora inspects Srinagar city dev projectsPosted 6 days ago
Police-Public Mela in Jammu on March 4
ST NEWS SERVICE
JAMMU: Arrangements for day long Police Public Mela, being organised by Jammu and Kashmir Police in Jammu, were discussed in a police officer’s meeting held at Armed Police Headquarters (APHQ) here on Saturday. The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), K. Rajendra Kumar.
Addressing the meeting, the ADGP said that Police Public Mela is one of the grand events organised by the Jammu and Kashmir Police Wives Welfare Association (JKPWWA) after intervals regularly. He said the Melas have assumed much importance as the public have shown large interest in these Melas for years. People from all shades of life visit the Melas and avail the opportunity of having items of their choices, from all the regions of the State under one roof. These Melas have also brought police and public together to work for peace and prosperity of the State, he added.
Rajendra informed that 20th Police Public Mela is being held in Jammu on 4th March, 2012 at Police Sports Stadium, Gulshan Ground here. The Mela will be inaugurated at 10:00 AM and will conclude at 5:00 PM. He disclosed Raffle Draw will take place at the venue at 4:00 PM. He said bumper prizes have made the event more attractive and people from all corners of the State wait for months to test their luck through raffle draws adding that the transparency in raffle draws has strengthened the trust of the people upon the organisers. The sources gained through these Melas are utilised for the welfare of Police Martyr’s families and the wards of serving and retired personnel under various welfare schemes adopted by the organisation among which wards of police personnel are awarded scholarships to nurture their talent in the field of education, he maintained.
During the meeting, discussions were held with regard to various arrangements in and around the venue. For this purpose various committees were constituted.