- Tara Chand constitutes committees for probing illegal appointmentsPosted 15 hours ago
- Leh to celebrate 2557th Buddha Purnima, Platinum Jubilee Year of LBAPosted 15 hours ago
- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 3 days ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 3 days ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 3 days ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 3 days ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 3 days ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 3 days ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 3 days ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 7 days ago
NYC demands regularisation of supporting staff
RAJOURI: A large number of activists of National Youth Corps (NYC) from different blocks of district Rajouri gathered at Children Park Rajouri on Wednesday to hold a strong protest against the apathetic attitude of State Government towards their demands.
Speaking on the occasion, District President NYC Rajouri, Yasir Arafat said that after 2010 unrest in Jammu and Kashmir, the government deployed eight thousand youth from the State in different government departments as supporting staff. He said that NYC has been persistently demanding the continuation in the services of these eight thousand youth under a perfect policy. He also sought enhancement in their basic monthly stipend. He alleged that J and K Government has totally failed to fulfill their demands and only extends verbal assurance, which force them to adopt agitational means. He also warned the authorities of their mass agitation throughout the State till their genuine demands are redressed, besides sitting-in on an indefinite hunger strike very soon. Others, who spoke on the occasion include District Vice President Ishfaq Mughal, District General Secretary Jigar Rashid, Sangeeta Thakur, Mohammad Mushtaq, Madan Lal, Neeru Gupta, Subash Sharma, Sohail Raina and Vishal Sharma.