- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 2 days ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 2 days ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 2 days ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 2 days ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 2 days ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 2 days ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 6 days ago
- DC for cordial relations between Govt, mediaPosted 6 days ago
- Jora inspects Srinagar city dev projectsPosted 6 days ago
Hike in passenger railway fares from January 21
STATE TIMES NEWS
NEW DELHI: Beset by an 18 per cent annual increase in losses and a 10.6 per cent annual increase in input costs since 2004-05, the railways on Wednesday announced a hike in passenger fares from 21st January.
As per the hike in passenger fares, announced by Railways Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal here, the per km increase in fares for second class ordinary (Suburban) is two paise while that for second class ordinary (non suburban) is three paise and the hike in second class fares for mail and Express trains is four paise.
There will be six paise per km hike in sleeper class fares while for AC chair car; the hike in fares will be ten paise per km. In the AC 3 Tier category, the hike in fares is ten paise per km.