- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 2 days ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 2 days ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 2 days ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 2 days ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 2 days ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 2 days ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 6 days ago
- DC for cordial relations between Govt, mediaPosted 6 days ago
- Jora inspects Srinagar city dev projectsPosted 6 days ago
High School Lamayuru celebrates Parents Day
STATE TIMES NEWS
LEH: Chief Executive Councilor, LAHDC, Leh, Rigzin Spalbar has urged upon parents to send their children to schools with utmost seriousness and directed teachers to take their responsibilities with great dedication and sincerity, since each child’s future depends on them.
Rigzin was a Chief Guest in a function organised by High School Lamayuru to celebrate Parents Day on Thursday.
Motivating the students, Rigzin citing examples of eminent personalities of Ladakh in every field raised the aspirations of the children and encouraged them to work hard to achieve flying colours in their careers. He also gave assurance to extend all possible assistance from LAHDC to upgrade their education standards. Spalbar also committed to give financial assistance for the completion of the remaining construction of their new school building.
Executive Councilor Agriculture, Sonam Dorjey, Executive Councilor CAPD, Ghulam Abass Abadi and Councilor Lamayuru, Tsering Angchuk stressing on the importance of education in today’s time.
Earlier, CEC inaugurated Primary school Lamayuru made under SSA at a cost of Rs. 4.40 lacs, where parents, students and villagers were present.
On the way back, the CEC along with his team visited the 45 MW Alchi Hydel Project to assess the progress in commencing of the first unit of 15 MW power transmission to Leh.