- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 1 day ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 1 day ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 1 day ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 1 day ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 1 day ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 1 day ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 1 day ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 5 days ago
- DC for cordial relations between Govt, mediaPosted 5 days ago
- Jora inspects Srinagar city dev projectsPosted 5 days ago
‘Hatemonger’ Owaisi files petition in HC
HYDERABAD: Majilis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who was involved in a hate speech controversy and facing police notices to appear before them, on Monday filed a petition in the Andhra Pradesh High Court praying for dismissal of all the cases filed against him in different police stations.
Owaisi also requested the court to direct the police not to arrest him.
Owaisi was summoned by the Nirmal Police for investigation into his inflammatory speech against Hinduism and Hindu gods to appear before the investigation officers.
However, he could not go there earlier in the day and sought four days time for his appearance through his lawyers. He said in the letter given to the SHO in Nirmal Police Station through his lawyers that he was unwell and he went to London only for medical treatment.
Owaisi’s lawyers, who appeared before the Nirmal Police, avoided the media.
They managed to escape the attention of the large group of mediapersons gathered at the police station.