- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 19 hours ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 19 hours ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 19 hours ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 19 hours ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 19 hours ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 19 hours ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 19 hours ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 5 days ago
- DC for cordial relations between Govt, mediaPosted 5 days ago
- Jora inspects Srinagar city dev projectsPosted 5 days ago
Four smugglers arrested; 27 bovines rescued
STATE TIMES NEWS
JAMMU: Ramban Police on Friday rescued 27 bovines while four bovine smugglers were arrested in three different incidents at Ramban, Batote and at Patnitop today.
Reports said that soon after receiving information about transportation of bovine animals towards Kashmir Valley, police laid a Naka at Shan Palace. During checking, Naka party intercepted a Truck (JK01A/0384) which was illegally transporting 14 bovines towards Kashmir Valley. The driver of truck identified as Riaz Ahmed Bhat, son of Ab. Rashid Bhat, resident of Charath, Qazigund was arrested and the vehicle along with bovines has been seized. In this connection FIR 170/2012 u/s 188 RPC, 3 PCA Act has been registered at Police Station Ramban.
In another incident at Batote, police on a specific information regarding bovine smuggling, raided near Amarchashma NHW-1A and arrested one smuggler namely Wali Mohd, son of Bashir Ahmed resident of Balyote, District Ramban, who was illegally carrying six bovine animals by foot towards Kashmir Valley. In this connection FIR131/2012 under section 188 RPC was registered at Police Station Batote.
In the meanwhile, during Naka checking at Patnitop, police intercepted two persons who were illegally carrying seven bovines by foot towards Kashmir Valley. Police arrested both the smugglers identified as Narasi, son of Khan Mir and Mohd Rashid, son of Mohd Shafi both residents of Pinjer Kasori, District Udhampur. FIR 132/12 under section 188 RPC has been registered against them at Police Station Batote.