- Tara Chand constitutes committees for probing illegal appointmentsPosted 1 day ago
- Leh to celebrate 2557th Buddha Purnima, Platinum Jubilee Year of LBAPosted 1 day ago
- Omar predicts overwhelming victory in 2014 electionsPosted 3 days ago
- Priyanka Chopra pays obeisance at Vaishno DeviPosted 3 days ago
- Mir, Parnaik, Mattoo meet GovernorPosted 3 days ago
- Panasonic reaches one million AC sales in IndiaPosted 3 days ago
- BSF Paloura, St. Peter’s win handball titlesPosted 3 days ago
- Indo-US operations likely to dismantle terror havensPosted 3 days ago
- ‘PM to visit Kashmir on June 25′Posted 3 days ago
- CM meets PM Omar seeks Leh type package for Doda quake sufferersPosted 7 days ago
After LC win, NC-Cong to go for Cabinet expansion
STATE TIMES NEWS
SRINAGAR: Overwhelmed by the LC poll results, Omar Abdullah led Collation Government is now all set to fill the vacancies in the State Cabinet for which leaders of both the parties have decided to reach out to the party men before finalising the names for much awaited Cabinet expansion.
To begin with, the Working Committee of the National Conference is holding an all important meeting on Saturday to be presided over by party President Dr. Farooq Abdullah. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who is the Working President of the party, will also be attending the meeting.
A Srinagar based news agency quoting sources reports that besides discussing the party’s performance in the recently held LC polls under Punchayti quota, the Working Committee was likely to look into the options of Cabinet expansion. Pertinently Omar Abdullah had recently given an indication about possible expansion on reshuffle of his Cabinet.
Sources added that Working Committee may also press for a reshuffle in the portfolios of the party ministers.
Meanwhile, NC Additional General Secretary Dr. Mustafa Kamal told the news agency that Working Committee will meet on Saturday morning at party headquarters Jammu in which all important issues relating to party and coalition would be discussed. ” We are meeting to discuss party matters and more importantly the LC results. We may also discuss Cabinet expansion.” Kamal said.
The agency reported that Congress is also expected to hold a crucial meeting of its core group next month at New Delhi, before the Coordination Committee of the two parties meets to chalk out future course of action. Sources added that it is only after core group meets, that Prof. Saif ud din , Party President in the State will call the meeting of the NC-Congress Co-Ordination Committee to devise the future course of action and more likely would approve the names of the probable for the Cabinet expansion and reshuffle.